You need someone who is intellectually curious and who can quickly comprehend new topics and translate complex research into engaging content for general audiences.
I’ve written copy for a range of audiences, from university newspapers to institutional reports, websites, newsletters, blogs, and social media. These range in scope, too, from 100-page annual reports to 600-word interviews to snappy 140-character Tweets.
Examples of past writing projects include:
- Annual reports
- Conference proceedings
- Blog posts
- Newspaper Q&As
- Newsletter articles
- Press releases
- Website content
- Social media posts
Is your communications team understaffed, or do you have a new time-sensitive project that needs immediate attention? A skilled communications professional can augment your team’s talents and capabilities to help you tackle new projects or overcome workload peaks.
Developing an integrated and strategic communications plan to advance your organization’s mission and amplify its voice requires significant investments in time, research, and resources. You need the right mix of skills and experience to weave together strategic, analytic, and creative knowledge to connect with target audiences and build positive visibility for your work.
Examples of some of the strategic communications projects that I have worked on include:
- Spearheading a major rebranding effort
- Brainstorming ideas and creating and executing outreach strategies for an institution’s milestone anniversary
- Working collaboratively with a team to launch a social media channel
- Mapping out a social media campaign for a high-profile event and training staff on live tweeting best practices
- Outlining an editorial calendar to guide integrated communications
- Producing and overseeing print production of marketing brochures
- Connecting scholars to the media by identifying opportunities to submit Op-Eds and pitch stories to reporters
- Researching and writing press releases
- Creating and maintaining an in-house editorial style sheet